The Program for Mastery in Engineering Studies (PROMES) will be awarding MANY scholarships this semester in recognition of our amazing students and thanks to the generosity of our corporate sponsors and PROMES family!
Apply for a Scholarship
PROMES 2020-2021 Scholarship Application Closed.
In order to be considered for a PROMES Scholarship, Scholars must:
- Be registered as a PROMES Scholar
- 2.5 GPA to 3.5 GPA minimum requirements (as designated by each scholarship)
- Submit completed scholarship packet by January 22, 2021.
Please note, complete scholarship packet includes all of the following:
- Online scholarship application
- Scholar’s Resume
- Faculty recommendation form
How do Scholars Apply?
- PROMES Scholarship Application Closed
- Email resume to engrPROMES [at] gmail.com
- Staff/Faculty Online Recommendation Form, completed by the recommender.
Only completed applications will be considered.
BELOW IS A LIST OF THE SCHOLARSHIPS THAT WILL BE AWARDED.
Click here for a list of Scholarship Award Criteria.
- Shell Retirees
- Shell Oil Company
- Marathon Oil
- PROMES Student Orgs
- St. Elmo Brady (Greer selected)
- IB Miller
- Women of PROMES
Please note, that if more scholarships become available in Spring 2020, you will be considered for those. Also, in order to receive a PROMES scholarship award you must attend the PROMES Awards Banquet on Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Can I Apply?
To be eligible for the Program for Mastery in Engineering Studies (PROMES) Scholarships, PROMES Scholars must be admitted to the University of Houston (Main Campus).
Every PROMES Scholar is encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Minerva Carter, PROMES Scholarship Committee Chair at mgcarter [at] uh.edu.