Incoming students benefit from mentoring relationships with upper division students and from participation in student chapters of professional engineering societies such as:
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE)
- Latinos in Engineering and Science(MAES)
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
- Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers (SASE)
- Engineer Without Borders (EWB)
Student leaders serve on the PROMES Action Committee (PAC) to support the objectives of the PROMES program. PAC members direct the PROMES Mentoring Program and raise funds to sponsor scholarships for the PROMES Freshman of the Year recognition awards.