REQUIREMENTS FOR INCOMING PROMES STUDENTS:
The PROMES program is looking to include students who:
• Want to be the best engineering student they can be and are willing to adopt effective new ways to study.
• Want to learn how to collaboratively work in groups.
• Want to develop soft skills for professional development.
• Want to learn how to maximize what they can accomplish in a day or week.
• Want to be give back to the community through fun engagements with K-12 students.
• Want to be included in Excellence Workshops which support key math, science and engineering courses.
• Want to develop leadership skills.
• Want to work in a diverse scholastic environment.
Your requirements for this program include:
• Taking required PROMES classes (one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester).
• Participating in at least two engineering related community service events per semester.
• Participating in our Mentor/Protégé Program where you will be matched with upper division engineering student mentors.
• Participating in our annual End-Of-Semester Networking Social in December.
• Participating in our Annual PROMES Awards Banquet in the spring semester.
• Participating in the "Maximizing Your Power" Orientation Weekend during the second week of the fall semester Friday and Saturday, September 6th and 7th. The Orientation includes a Keynote Address, a full-day seminar on the Guaranteed 4.0 Learning System, food, networking, and fun.
• Participating in the Engineering Career Fairs each fall and spring.